KENNER WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY
We never imagine that we’ll lose a loved one because of the negligence or carelessness of someone else. It is unthinkable and devastating.
Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death claim is filed on behalf of the deceased by the surviving family members. In the event of wrongful death, it may be difficult to identify the person liable for the accident. To prove liability, it’s important to demonstrate that the defendant (accused) had a duty of care to the plaintiff (victim) and the accused breached that duty. Here are some common reasons that might lead to wrongful death:
- Car accidents: Every year more than 300,000 lives are lost due to car accidents in the US. Car accidents occur due to multiple reasons such as speeding, reckless driving, road defects, distracted driving, drunken driving, and auto defects.
- Truck accidents: The size and weight of trucks leads to serious accident injuries and in worst cases, death. Truck collisions mostly result from aggressive driving, mechanical defects, and driving under influence.
- Medical malpractice: When medical professionals are negligent, it may cost the patient their life. Examples of medical malpractice include delayed diagnosis, surgical errors, birth injuries, wrong diagnosis, and defective medical devices.
- Workplace accidents: It’s the duty of employers to ensure that their employees are safe at the workplace. Examples of workplace accidents include railroad worker injuries, transportation industry accidents, manufacturing accidents, motion and strain injuries, and barge accidents.
Irrespective of the cause of accident, it’s important to seek justice. It’s not hard to afford an attorney. Solicitors at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess work on a contingent agreement basis which means that we seek payment only when we resolve a case successfully. What’s more, our attorneys also offer a NO-COST initial analysis of your case to help you take the right decisions early on.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE IS LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE, REACH OUT TO OUR ATTORNEYS
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Wrongful Death Cases Are Complicated and Need the Assistance of a Trained Attorney
Call the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess Today!
WHY HIRE A WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY
Experiencing the death of a loved one is among the most difficult things for people to deal with. It can turn out to be more distressing if the death was caused due to the negligent or rash act of another person.
If your loved one has been killed owing to someone else’s fault, reach out to the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. We understand that a wrongful death can completely transform the lives of surviving family members. Having an accident lawyer by your side can not only ease the stress but also help you get the full compensation which you are entitled to.
Attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have more than two decades of experience in dealing with an extensive range of personal injury cases. We are equipped to handle all types of car accident, truck accident, medical malpractice and wrongful death cases with professionalism and competency.
Our lawyers work closely with a team of paralegals, clerks and assistants to ensure that our clients receive top quality services.
SOME FACTORS THAT OUR LEGAL TEAM WILL INVESTIGATE:
- Has the victim’s death resulted owing to the negligence of the defendant?
- Has the death resulted in financial loss?
- Does the victim have dependents or surviving family members?
- Is the defendant liable for the death?
TYPES OF DAMAGES IN WRONGFUL DEATH
There are usually three types of damages that survivors can claim in a wrongful death lawsuit—(a) economic, (b) non-economic, and (c) punitive.
Economic Damages: Economic damages may include:
- Medical and funeral expenses
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of benefits such as medical coverage and pension
- Loss of inheritance due to untimely death
- Value of goods and services that the victim would have provided
Non-Economic Damages: Though less tangible, non-economic damages have more value than economic damages. Examples of non-economic damage include:
- Loss of love, care, and protection
- Mental anguish, pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant for bad conduct.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS/TIME LIMITS
One of the most significant factors in wrongful death claims is time. The statute of limitations extends to one year in the state of Louisiana. It is essential to file your case before the statute of limitations expires for it to be legally valid.
Pursing a claim after the death of a loved one is difficult due to the emotional and financial distress that engulfs a person at such a period. Grief is one of the most powerful human emotions and it warps our capability of making the right decisions. That’s why it’s important to seek the services of a qualified legal professional who can help you take rational decisions. Solicitors at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can help ensure that you receive generous compensation.